Facebook is expanding tests of Meta Verified to the US after seeing good results from their early testing. This test in the US will reflect some initial learnings and feedback. they’re removing increased reach as a subscription feature for now, as they gather more feedback and further evolve Meta Verified. Facebook is exploring elements to add to the subscription as they roll out to more places and will share more info soon.
With Meta Verified, you’ll get:
- A verified badge, confirming you’re the real you and that your account has been authenticated with a government ID and a selfie video.
- More protection from impersonation with proactive account monitoring for impersonators who might target people with growing online audiences.
- Help when you need it with access to a real person for common account issues.
- Increased visibility and reach with prominence in some areas of the platform– like search, comments and recommendations.
- Exclusive features to express yourself in unique ways.
Meta Verified is available for direct purchase on Instagram or Facebook in Australia and New Zealand. People can purchase a monthly subscription for (USD) $11.99 on the web and (USD) $14.99 on iOS and Android.
There will be no changes to accounts on Instagram and Facebook that are already verified based on prior requirements.
To learn more about Meta Verified visit Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta Channel on Instagram on your mobile device.