Whether you’re dodging swings in The Thrill of the Fight or landing punches in FitXR, virtual reality is a great way to work up a sweat — you often forget you’re even working out. Meta is rolling out the ability to track your Meta Quest fitness stats from VR to your phone. Once you’ve set up the Move app — Meta Quest’s built-in fitness tracker that lets you set goals for how many calories you’ve burned and how many minutes you’ve spent working out in VR – you can choose to sync your Move stats with the Oculus Mobile App and Apple Health. Previously, that information was only available in Move while in-headset.
How to Sync Your Move Stats to Your Phone
If you haven’t yet set up the Move app on your Meta Quest or Meta Quest 2, you can find it in the apps panel of your headset. Access your apps by selecting them from your menu bar.
First, you’ll be taken through a short onboarding flow to set your Move goals.
- First, opt in to sync your data from VR to your Oculus Mobile App.
- From the Move app in VR, tap on Settings in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down to Connect Move to Oculus Mobile App and toggle the switch on.
- Your Move stats, including information like Move minutes, calories burned, and goals, will be encrypted and stored on servers so you can track your fitness progress from the Oculus Mobile App.
- You can disconnect your Move stats from the Oculus Mobile App at any time by going to your Move settings while in-headset.
How to Sync with Apple Health
For iOS users, you’ll also have the option to sync your stats with Apple Health so that all your activities, both in and out of VR, are available in one place. Syncing with Apple Health will automatically track your VR workouts on your iPhone or Apple Watch without having to manually input information about your exercise.
For more information, visit the Move Support page.