Earlier this year, Meta introduced Meta Verified for creators, a subscription bundle to help creators more easily establish their presence on Instagram and Facebook.
At Meta’s Conversations Conference in Mumbai, Mark Zuckerberg announced we will soon expand Meta Verified to businesses on Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp.
They will start with a test in the coming weeks for businesses on Instagram and Facebook in select countries – and will expand to businesses on WhatsApp in the future.
Meta Verified is built to help businesses more easily stand out on their apps and build confidence with their customers, including letting their customers know they’re chatting with the right business. Businesses can choose whether they’d like to subscribe for one subscription on a single app, or a bundled subscription across Instagram and Facebook, and in the future WhatsApp. With a monthly subscription, businesses will gain access to a toolkit for their subscribed Facebook page, Instagram professional account or WhatsApp phone number that includes:
- A verified badge confirming your business is validated and authentic
- Proactive impersonation monitoring for added brand protection
- Access to support and help troubleshooting account issues
- New ways to be discovered:
- On Instagram and Facebook, subscribers will be featured as a Meta Verified business, including appearing at or near the top of search results and as a recommended verified business to follow in feed.
- WhatsApp business subscribers will receive additional premium features including the ability to create a custom WhatsApp page that is easily discoverable via a web search, and multi-device with chat assignment support so multiple employees can respond to customers.
Meta Verified business subscriptions will be available for purchase on Instagram and Facebook in the coming weeks in select test countries. Monthly subscriptions start at $21.99 USD/month per Facebook page or Instagram account, or $34.99 USD/month for both.