Netflix is excited to share with audiences the casting announcement for Netflix’s The Witcher: Blood Origin.
- Netflix announces Jodie Turner-Smith in the role of Éile in upcoming series The Witcher: Blood Origin
- Éile’s character description: Éile, an elite warrior blessed with the voice of a goddess, has left her clan and position as Queen’s guardian to follow her heart as a nomadic musician. A grand reckoning on the continent forces her to return to the way of the blade in her quest for vengeance and redemption.
- Series Logline: Set in an elven world 1200 years before the world of The Witcher, Blood Origin will tell a story lost to time – the creation of the first prototype Witcher, and the events that lead to the pivotal “conjunction of the spheres,” when the worlds of monsters, men, and elves merged to become one.
- Blood Origin will be a six part, live-action limited series, and a prequel to the hit Netflix series The Witcher
- Declan de Barra will act as Executive Producer and Showrunner and Lauren Schmidt Hissrich will act as Executive Producer
- Andrzej Sapkowski will serve as creative consultant on the series. Jason Brown and Sean Daniel from Hivemind, and Tomek Baginski and Jarek Sawko from Platige Films will all serve as executive producers
- Jodie Turner-Smith bio:
British actress Jodie Turner-Smith is one of the most sought-after actresses of today. She can most recently be seen in Queen & Slim, written by Lena Waithe and directed by Melina Matsoukas. Turner-Smith plays opposite Daniel Kaluuya as ‘Queen.’
Next up, Turner-Smith can be seen in A24’s After Yang opposite Colin Farrell as well as Amazon’s Without Remorse, opposite Michael B. Jordan. Both films are set for release in 2021. Turner-Smith will also star as ‘Anne Boleyn’ in a three-part mini-series for the U.K. broadcaster, Channel 5.
Additional credits include the Netflix series Nightflyers based on the novella by George R.R. Martin and the Cinemax series Jett opposite Carla Gugino as well as Drake Doremus’ The Newness, The Last Ship for TNT, Mad Dogs for Amazon and HBO’s True Blood. Turner has a variety of independent film credits including Nicolas Winding Refn’s film The Neon Demon.