Shazam is releasing 18 global genre charts, and national genre charts across 13 countries.
Global genres include: Pop, Hip-Hop/Rap, Dance, Electronic, R&B/Soul, Alternative, Rock, Latin, Film, TV & Stage, Country, Afrobeat, Worldwide, Reggae/Dancehall, House, K-Pop, French Pop, Singer/Songwriter, and Regional Mexicano.
National Pop, Hip-Hop/Rap, Dance and Country charts are launching for the US.
The UK, South Africa, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Italy, Russia, Spain, France, Australia and Germany will have their own national Pop, Hip-Hop/Rap, and Dance charts.
Updated daily and showing rolling 7-day data, Shazam’s genre charts are available on shazam.com and in the Shazam app, alongside Shazam’s top global, country and city charts, and Shazam’s Discovery charts featuring artists on the move and their trending tracks.
Exclusively available on Apple Music, the Shazam Discovery Top 50 compiles up-and-coming songs from breaking artists around the world.
Most Shazamed genres in 2020
With 200 million monthly active users around the world, Shazam is uniquely positioned to surface which genres are driving excitement and engagement.
- Top Shazamed genres this year are Pop, Hip-Hop/Rap and Dance.
- Overall, Afrobeat is the highest growing genre (+72%) on Shazam.
- K-Pop is the second highest growing genre (+41%), followed by Worldwide (+24%)
Most Shazamed tracks by genres in 2020
- Pop: Dance Monkey – Tones And I
- Dance: Roses (Imanbek Remix) – SAINt JHN
- R&B/Soul: Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
- Alternative : Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi
- Hip-Hop/Rap: death bed (feat. beabadoobee) [coffee for your head] – Powfu
- Latin: Tusa – KAROL G & Nicki Minaj
- Country: Old Town Road (Remix) – Lil Nas X Feat. Billy Ray Cyrus
K-Pop: Dynamite – BTS